Shenanigans straight from the lives of the UK + Irish Conference In-line skate team

Monday 10 January 2011

James Keyte : First hours on Carbon 2's

So after a huge delay once again for James delivery he finally received his USD carbon 2's, below is what he had to say about them along with a few tricks form his first session in them..

"..as soon as i saw them i was juiced! They fitted absolutely perfect, usually 'cus i tend to get a size smaller all my skates hurt on the first session! Surprising these didn't hurt at all! No numb feet and no blisters. I tried a pair of the old carbons which hurt alot, especially round my ankle and shin, now they have the thick padding its sooo much better. The cuff just makes them so supportive yet perfect flexability. I couldnt believe how responsive they are! I always no exactly where my feet are, its actually weird how light they are, i found myself over jumping sometimes. There's not a thing i would change in this skate, USD got it pretty spot on. ;)"



I also feel like we should include james' intro to the message he sent us about the carbons, as this sounds alot more personal..

"..we finally got out for a roll on the carbons, we hit street for the first skate and my god they are pretty sick! The weather was super icey man, just came off night shift as well haha, 3hrs sleep! But excellent first day in them, couldn't be happier.."